• १२ मंसिर २०७९, सोमबार
  •      Mon Nov 28 2022

Two killed in cooking gas explosion

Rautahat, 20 Nov : Two persons were killed in an explosion of cooking gas cylinder at a local fair in Kanakpur VDC of Rautahat last night. Krishna Gupta Kanhaiya, 25, and Amrit Kumar Saha of Chandrapur Municipality died when a cooking gas cylinder went off at around 9:00 pm Wednesday at the local fair organised on the occasion of Balachaturdashi, according to the District Police Office Rautahat.

Others two Manoj Saha of Chadrapur-5 and Salim Miya of Kanakpur-2 have been injured in the explosion and are undergoing treatment at the Narayani Sub Regional Hospital, Birgunj. Gas leakage resulted in the explosion, eyewitnesses said.

The two killed in the incident were around 10 meter in distant from the site used for cooking food and were hit by shattered parts of the cylinder to their heads.  Postmortem of their bodies was conducted at the Chandranigahapur Hospital before handing them to the families.